Make these healthy low carb instant pot stuffed peppers tonight! These colorful peppers are filled with flavorful ground beef and rice and cooked to perfection in the instant pot.
I love a good stuffed pepper. I first started experimenting with them when I was recipe testing for my cookbook and fell completely in-love with them. In the past, I shared recipes for Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers, taco stuffed peppers and Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup but realized I hadn’t shared a traditional instant pot stuffed pepper recipe with you yet. So here it is!
How to make instant pot stuffed peppers?
- Combine lean ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and spices in a large bowl.
- Slice off the top of your peppers and remove the seeds.
- Fill the peppers with the ground beef mixture. I like to overfill them a bit.
- Carefully lower the peppers into an instant pot filled with water and a trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick pressure release and serve.
Why quick pressure release and not a natural release?
Normally, you would see a natural release when cooking meat. However, leaving stuffed peppers inside the instant pot for a natural release will cause your peppers to fall apart.
They will still taste great that way, but the peppers will not stay in-tact and you would end up with more of a deconstructed stuffed pepper. That is why we recommend a quick release in this stuffed pepper recipe, ensuring a soft yet sturdy pepper.
Can you freeze stuffed peppers?
Yes, stuffed peppers freeze well. Simply let them cool completely to room temperature and freeze in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
Can I substitute ground turkey?
Yes, you can swap out the ground beef for ground turkey in this recipe. You can also omit the rice if you are trying to keep it super low carb or are on KETO.
You may also like: Instant Pot Roast Beef
How long do stuffed peppers last?
Stuffed peppers will stay fresh in the fridge for 3 days.
What do I serve with instant pot stuffed peppers?
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large bell peppers
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- Place water and trivet inside instant pot.
- Combine beef, rice, tomato sauce, worcestershire, garlic salt, italian seasoning, onion powder, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Slice the tops of the bell peppers off and remove the seeds from inside the peppers. Discard the tops.
- Fill each pepper with the beef mixture.
- Carefully lower the filled peppers onto the trivet inside the instant pot.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 8 minutes.
- Quick pressure release and remove peppers.
- Serve topped with cheese, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 stuffed pepper
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 108mgSodium 877mgCarbohydrates 18gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 36g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot stuffed peppers? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.