Skip the store-bought rolls and make these 30 minute dinner rolls instead! They are soft and tender rolls perfect for your next family gathering (ahem, Thanksgiving).
I also love baking these rolls for homemade sliders. You can start the rolls just a few minutes before starting your sliders and they will all be done and on the table at the same time.
Even if you’re not accustomed to making your own yeast bread, you can make these rolls. The steps are easy and this recipe does not require long rise times.
It’s the perfect beginning dinner roll recipe you will come back to again and again.
Tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a comment and rating.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups bread flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the water, oil, yeast, sugar, salt, and egg. Slowly mix in the bread flour until a dough forms (If a dough forms before all of the flour is used, that's okay. Stop adding flour at that point and move on to the next step)
- Using a dough hook or by hand, knead the dough. 3-4 minutes if using a dough hook or 6-7 minutes if kneading by hand.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place dough balls into baking dish.
- Let rest in a warm place (over the preheated oven will work) for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the egg white and tablespoon of water, making an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash over top of each dough ball.
- Bake the dinner rolls for 11-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 106
- Fast and Easy Biscuits
- Italian Bread Bowls
- Whole Wheat Crusty French Bread
- Quick and Easy Pizza Dough