Make this satisfying crockpot corned beef and potatoes for dinner tonight! It’s packed with flavorful and tender corned beef, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage, making it a yummy one-pot meal.
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage with Potatoes and Carrots, too!
Whether you are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day or just want to make a filling and hearty dinner for your family, we have you covered with this crock pot corned beef and cabbage recipe.
Not only does it have the meat and cabbage, but we add potatoes and carrots – so it’s sure to have something everyone in the family will enjoy.
You may also like: Crockpot Roast with Gravy.
Corned beef with champagne? Yes, we did!
We changed up the flavorings a bit, too. Many corned beef and cabbage recipes call for beer, but we used Champagne in this recipe. It still does the trick of tenderizing the meat but with a lighter flavor.
Don’t worry, the alcohol burns off as it is cooked, so it is okay to serve to your kiddos, too!
Can I use Guinness in place of the champagne?
You sure can! If you would rather make your corned beef with Guinness, or another dark beer, you totally can. Just swap out 1 cup champagne for 1 cup beer. Easy peasy.
More crock pot recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 small potatoes, halved
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cabbage, cut into small wedges
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add olive oil and let sit until hot.
- Place brisket in skillet and sear for 30 seconds on each side.
- Pour beef broth and champagne into the crockpot.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place brisket into the crockpot.
- Add potatoes and carrots around the edges of the brisket.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove cover and place cabbage in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook for one more hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Use a slow cooker liner for easier clean-up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 627Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 180mgSodium 479mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 52g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for crockpot corned beef and potatoes? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.