As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make this flavorful crockpot roast with gravy recipe for dinner tonight! It’s a pot roast braised on low in beef broth and beer and then topped with a flavorful gravy. The carrots and potatoes cook together, making it a complete meal.
Pot roast is one of my favorite things to make in the crockpot. It is such a simple thing to make in the slow cooker yet it gives you a filling and flavorful meal come dinnertime. It’s one of those Sunday dinner staples that we make again and again because everyone likes it! You can also prepare it in the Instant Pot, just like with this Instant Pot Pot Roast and Instant Pot Roast Beef recipe.
Crockpot pot roast braised in beer
This crockpot roast beef recipe is made with a beer. The beer helps to tenderize the meat while it’s cooking and the alcohol cooks off. If you are trying to avoid alcohol, then omit it and double the beef broth.
What to serve with pot roast?
This is a one pot meal, so you don’t need to make anything to go with it. However, if you are trying to stretch it to feed more people, we suggest a green salad and homemade bread. Here are some bread recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Whole Wheat French Bread
Crockpot Pot Roast with Gravy
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 16-ounce bag baby carrots
- 1 large yellow onion cut into chunks
- 3 cups of beef stock
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Place potatoes, carrots & onion around the roast.
- Pour in the beef stock and beer.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper & garlic and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After roast is fully cooked, take 2 cups of liquid from the crockpot and pour it into a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch in with the roast juice to make a gravy.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the roast, carrots and potatoes and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe for crockpot pot roast? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.