Make perfectly cooked corned beef with this Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe. It makes perfectly tender meat with flavorful cabbage and potatoes that get crisped up perfectly after being cooked in the pressure cooker and the crisp lid.
I love corned beef and cabbage. It was a recipe my mom made every year around St. Patricks Day and it takes me back to my childhood every time I eat it. If you are making this recipe for St. Patricks’s day, you may also want to make a batch of rainbow pancakes and rainbow cereal bars. You may also like our recipe for Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken.
Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Ninja Foodi
But the Ninja Foodi has become extremely popular with its pressure cooker / air fryer combination. It really is awesome! So today, I am sharing a recipe for corned beef and cabbage in the Ninja Foodi using both the pressure cooker function and the crisp lid function.
This recipe is really where the Ninja Foodi shines. It is the best of both worlds – pressure cooker and air fryer. It gives you juicy meat with the perfect amount of crispness. I hope you enjoy it!
You may also like: Crockpot Corned Beef and Potatoes
Can I make it in the instant pot?
Now, if you don’t have a Ninja Food or crisp lid, I am also including a workaround for making this in your instant pot or other brand of pressure cooker.
If you want to make corned beef and cabbage in your instant pot pressure cooker, follow the pressure cooker directions as explained below. When it’s time to use the crisp lid, transfer the dish to your oven and broil for a few minutes, until crispy.
Alternately, if you own an air fryer, you can transfer it to your air fryer and follow the directions and laid out below.
What to serve with corned beef and cabbage?
We love serving this with home baked bread. Here are some tasty recipes:
- Whole Wheat French Bread
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Freezer Friendly Parker House Rolls Recipe
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Fast and Easy Biscuits
- 4 to 5 pounds corned beef brisket (with seasoning packet)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ pounds gold baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and cut in wedges
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- Place brisket in the cooker pot with the fat-side down.
- Add seasoning packet, stock, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 1 hour and 15 minutes or 75 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick release.
- Remove the brisket from the cooker and keep warm. Also remove the garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to the pot with the liquid. Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 3 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle. Once the cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
- To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and water over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Stir in the mustard and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the corned beef brisket over the vegetables and pour the glaze over the corned beef. Replace the crisping lid and set the Air Crisp function to 400°F. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket and allow to rest for 15 minutes prior to slicing.
- To serve, slice brisket against the grain. Serve with vegetables and mustard, if desired.
To make with an instant pot or other pressure cooker, follow pressure cooking directions above. Crisp in the oven for 20 minutes at 400°F or in an air fryer at the same time and temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 828Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 241mgSodium 516mgCarbohydrates 38gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 6gSugar 17gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 70g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage? Let us know what you thought with a rating and review (above).