This post for Instant Pot Chicken Stock contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Making chicken broth in the instant pot is quick and simple with this recipe for instant pot chicken stock. Chicken stock has so many great uses from making flavorful soups, to adding a little something extra to other instant pot recipes (like this salsa chicken taco recipe).
To make the chicken broth, you will need leftover chicken bones, a handful of vegetables, spices, and water. I used leftover rotisserie chicken for this tutorial, but you can also use up the bones from homemade chicken.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Check out this recipe for overnight chicken stock in the slow cooker!
Special equipment used to make instant pot chicken stock:
How to make chicken stock in the Instant Pot
Start by placing your bones and any unwanted meat in the bowl of your instant pot.
Top with veggies, water, and spices.
Cook on the soup setting for 30 minutes. Natural pressure release.
Once your broth is ready, ladle it into a mesh strainer over a large mixing bowl. Throw out the leftover bones and veggies, or reuse for another batch of instant pot chicken stock.
How to freeze Instant Pot Chicken Stock:
Ladle the broth into mason jars using a wide mouth funnel. If you plan to freeze the broth, leave at least 1 inch of head space to prevent cracking of the glass as the liquid expands. The instant pot chicken broth can be frozen for up to 3 months. It can be defrosted overnight in the refrigerator, or on defrost in the microwave.
Recipes to make with Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 20 Minute Pesto Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Quick and Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Stock
Make chicken stock lightening fast with this instant pot electric pressure cooker recipe.
- Leftover bones and skin from 1 chicken carcas
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups water
- Place chicken bones and skin in the bowl of your instant pot.
- Roughly chop all vegetables and place on top of the chicken bones.
- Add in bay leaf, salt, and water.
- Set instant pot to soup for 30 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Strain liquid through a mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Ladle chicken stock into jars.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.