Get out of the boring dinnertime routine and experience the layers of flavor with this recipe for instant pot barbecue chicken baked potatoes. You won’t regret it!
Loaded BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes
This recipe for loaded barbecue chicken baked potatoes is made with flavorful and juicy chicken thighs. When making any kind of pulled chicken, I always prefer using chicken thighs.
They don’t dry up the way that chicken breasts tend to do (although, the instant pot helps prevent most of that).
We pressure cook the chicken in a mixture of chicken broth and spices. While the chicken is cooking, you have the choice of either air frying or oven baking the potatoes. You can also cook your potatoes ahead of time in your air fryer using this recipe.
If you love cooking with your instant pot, make sure to pick up my cookbook: The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book and join our instant pot recipe sharing group on Facebook. You can also sign up for my newsletter to be the first to know about new recipes!
More tasty instant pot recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Creole
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken
- Instant Pot Spicy Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Pot Stickers
Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken Baked Potatoes FAQs
Can I substitute chicken breasts for thighs?
Yes. You can switch out the chicken thighs for 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The cook time stays the same.
How long does the chicken stay fresh?
Cooked chicken will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2 days. If you want to store it for longer, we recommend freezing the chicken, up to 3 months.
How long do the potatoes stay fresh?
Cooked potatoes will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 days.
What to serve with barbecue chicken loaded baked potatoes?
Save this for later on Pinterest!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed, rinsed and dried
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pour chicken stock into the liner of your electric pressure cooker.
- Layer the chicken on top and sprinkle with onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour over the chicken.
- Close the lid on the instant pot and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Allow the instant pot to naturally release pressure before removing lid.
- Meanwhile, rub clean potatoes with olive oil and coat with remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place potatoes inside air fryer or a traditional oven.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 50 minutes, using tongs to flip halfway. Potatoes will be fork tender when ready to eat.
- When the instant pot cooking cycle is complete, remove the chicken from the juices and shred with two forks.
- Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Serve barbecue chicken over baked potatoes topped and with cheddar cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
COSORI Air Fryer,Max XL 5.8 Quart,1700-Watt Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven & Oilless Cooker for Roasting,LED Digital Touchscreen with 11 Presets,Nonstick Basket,ETL Listed(100 Recipes)
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 baked potato with chicken
Amount Per Serving Calories 922Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 196mgSodium 2952mgCarbohydrates 106gFiber 6gSugar 56gProtein 49g
Nutrition information is an estimate.