As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Whip up a batch of these tasty sheet pan steak fajitas tonight! They take just 30 minutes to cook, making them an easy weeknight meal.
These fajitas are made with tender steak and fresh vegetables, including bell peppers, sweet onions, fresh lime juice, and haas avocados. I love making these easy sheet pan fajitas for a quick dinner or a tasty game day meal. No matter how it looks this year, we still love pairing good food with football!
If you love fajitas as much as we do, you will also want to try our recipe for instant pot chicken fajitas.
Football looks different this year but Safeway’s gameday specials can still score big with the entire family. We love shopping for fresh produce, quality meats, and their whole Signature SELECT™ line, available exclusively at Safeway.
What is in sheet pan steak fajitas?
These steak fajitas are made with USDA Choice New York Strip Steak, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, sweet yellow onions, limes, Haas avocados, olive oil, and served on small flour tortillas.
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find USDA Choice New York Strip Steak and all of the fajita fixings at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market and Tom Thumb.
Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop! As a busy mom (who doesn’t necessarily want to bring her kiddos in the store), this is a huge lifesaver for me!
It’s also perfect when I’m just too busy to go grocery shopping. I used Safeway’s Grocery Delivery a lot while I was recipe testing for my cookbook.
Do you cut fajita meat before cooking?
Yes, we slice the steak prior to cooking these sheet pan fajitas. If grilling steak for fajitas, then it should be cooked whole and sliced after it has rested.
How do you eat steak fajitas?
We love serving steak fajitas on warmed tortillas with fresh avocado, sour cream, and lime juice. Other favorite toppings are salsa and cheese!
What to serve with sheet pan steak fajitas?
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 pounds USDA Choice New York Strip Steak
- 2 haas avocados
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease sheet pan and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers and onion into thin strips.
- Combine peppers and onions in a bowl.
- Sprinkle olive oil, 1/2 of the fajita seasoning, and the juice of one half lime over the vegetables.
- Toss well so everything is evenly coated.
- Pour vegetables onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving room for the steak.
- Trim fat and bone from steak. Slice steak into thin strips.
- Place sliced steak inside the same bowl that was used for the vegetables.
- Sprinkle steak with remaining fajita seasoning and juice from one half of a lime.
- Toss well until evenly coated.
- Spread steak onto cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until steak is done and veggies are tender.
- Serve on flour tortillas with sliced avocados. Use the remaining lime to squeeze additional lime juice over the fajitas, if desired.