Want to whip up a batch of zesty soup but don’t have much time? Try this delicious instant pot chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can even use frozen chicken in this flavorful instant pot soup recipe.
I love a good chicken tortilla soup. It reminds me of the days I worked as a technical recruiter in San Francisco. I would get San Francisco Soup Company’s chicken tortilla soup at least once a week.
It was so flavorful and always filled me up, despite being a soup. It kept me full all through the afternoon and on my hour commute home.
That’s when you know it’s a good meal-sized soup. It fills you up and keeps you full.
Instant pot chicken tortilla soup recipe (Dump and Push Start)
This instant pot chicken tortilla soup recipe does the same thing. It fills your family up and keeps them full all night long.
It tastes so good, especially with fresh cilantro sprinkled on top.
The other great thing about this instant pot chicken breast recipe is how quick and easy it is to make. You really just need to dump a few ingredients in and push start!
It works as a great meal both in the cold and hot months because it is so refreshing.
Making soup in the instant pot saves me time and allows me to cook it with frozen chicken breasts.
Using frozen chicken is one of my favorite ways to cook in my instant pot because I don’t have to plan ahead and pull the meat out to defrost during the busy morning.
You may also like instant pot chicken and dumplings
- 48 ounces chicken broth (6 cups)
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 15.25 ounce can corn, drained
- 14.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 7 ounce cans mild diced green chiles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- cilantro, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips for topping
- Pour chicken broth into the inner pot of your instant pot.
- Whisk in the tomato paste.
- Add in the frozen chicken breasts, corn, black beans, diced green chilies, salt, and pepper.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 10 minutes.
- Release the rest of the pressure and remove the lid.
- Serve hot and top with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate or freeze any uneaten instant pot chicken tortilla soup without toppings.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 33mgSodium 1351mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 17g
Nutrition information is estimated and not guaranteed.