This instant pot white chicken chili recipe was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili cooks in just 30 minutes in your electric pressure cooker. This recipe is easy to make, tastes great, and feeds a crowd! Want to make it even better? Serve it in one of these amazing Italian Bread Bowls. Yum.
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
You may notice a certain ingredient in the recipe that seems a little odd. Instead of calling for a can of corn, this recipe calls for a can of creamed corn. Want to know why? The short answer is I was grocery shopping with a 3-year-old.
I asked her to help me get the ingredients, including a can of corn. She grabbed canned corn and I didn’t notice until I was at home making dinner.
I almost changed it in the final recipe, but my husband (head taste tester around here) told me the recipe was perfect and I shouldn’t change a thing.
In case you were wondering, he does NOT say that very often. So yeah, the creamed corn stays.
But the real highlight of this recipe is the S&W White Beans. They fill this recipe for Instant Pot White Chicken Chili with lots of healthy (and frugal) protein. Plus, they add a great creaminess to the instant pot soup that you won’t want to miss.
We always have beans in our pantry because they are so convenient, are a great source of healthy protein, are shelf stable, and they are AFFORDABLE. Seriously, if you don’t have at least a few cans of S&W Beans stocked up on your shelf, you should.
This is one of our new favorite go-to cold-weather soup recipes. I plan on making it at least half a dozen times this fall/winter along with this instant pot beef chili.
If you love all things instant pot then you may want to check out this list of 50 instant pot frozen chicken recipes.
Serve this with: Italian Bread Bowls or Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 3 cans S&W White Beans
- 2 chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 32 ounce carton chicken broth, 4 cups
- 16 ounce can creamed corn
- 2 4 ounce cans mild diced chiles
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- Sliced green onions
- Mix together all ingredients accept for sour cream and green onions and add to the bowl of the Instant Pot.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- If using frozen chicken breasts: set to poultry-> 45 minutes
- If using fresh (or defrosted) chicken breasts: set to poultry -> 30 minutes
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Release additional pressure and remove lid.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Add chicken back into the Instant Pot and mix in 1 cup sour cream.
- Serve topped with additional sour cream and sliced green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Mushroom and Permesan Risotto
- Quick and Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Stock