As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whip up a batch of this no bean chili recipe tonight! It’s a hearty chili packed full of ground beef, flavorful spices, and spicy jalapeños!
I love a good chili recipe. I make chili several times in the winter. Some of my favorites are instant pot beef chili and white chicken chili. Unfortunately, neither of those recipes are low carb friendly. And since my husband has been doing the Keto diet, I have been finding ways to create our family’s favorite recipes in a way that he can enjoy them, too.
Why No Bean Chili?
This no bean chili recipe was a big hit and we didn’t even miss the beans! So whether you are trying to avoid beans, just don’t them on hand, or are following a low carb diet, this easy no bean chili recipe is for you!
Some chili connoisseurs even say beans don’t belong in chili. I don’t know that I necessarily agree whole-heartily with that sentiment but I do know that this no bean chili recipe is delicious. It’s packed full of flavorful beef and spices and I would happily eat this meal a couple times a year (which says a lot because I’m a food blogger and I’m always making something new).
If you are looking for more chili recipes, make sure to try our recipes for Instant Pot Beef Chili, Instant Pot White Chicken Chili, Slow Cooker Beef Chili, and Crockpot Turkey Chili. Note: all of these chili recipes have beans in them, you have been warned! 😉
What to serve with no bean chili?
I love serving chili with cornbread! Here are a few recipes to inspire you:
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Cheesy Cornbread Zucchini Muffins
- Instant Pot Cornbread
No Bean Chili Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeños diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapenos.
- Place the ground beef in the pot and break up with a spoon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Pour in beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Bring chili to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Did you try this no bean chili recipe? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.