Be in the know! Join our Exclusive Instant Pot Facebook Group!
Do you love creamy risotto but hate having to babysit it on the stove? This quick and easy recipe for instant pot risotto cooks in just 7 minutes. The best part? No babysitting!
I was skeptical at first, but the instant pot electric pressure cooker really does work wonders with arborio rice, producing a creamy and flavorful risotto. Everyone will think you hand stirred it the whole time, slowly pouring in the chicken broth (which you can totally make in the instant pot, too), until it’s just the right consistency.
I love that this recipe is meatless and can be made vegetarian by just switching out the chicken stock for vegetable stock. The mushrooms make it hearty and it’s surprisingly kid-friendly. Thank you giant bowl of rice. Mommy win!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Here is the one I have: Instant Pot DUO 7 in 1
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces crimini baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine (may be substituted with additional chicken broth)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set instant pot electric pressure cooker to saute.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent.
- Mix in rice and mushrooms. Turn instant pot off.
- Pour in chicken broth and white wine. Stir.
- Set instant pot to manual - 7 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Mix in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Ready my disclosure policy here.