This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The National Milk Life Campaign. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMilkMyWay #CollectiveBias
Make ahead baked oatmeal with apples is sweet, filling, and taste delicious served with warm milk. Baked oatmeal is my favorite way to eat oatmeal. It makes it feel extra fancy more like a full meal.
Depending on your family size, this recipe will provide 2-3 breakfasts for your kids. Baked oatmeal is a stick to your ribs kind of meal that will keep your kids full until lunch time.
Serve this baked oatmeal with warm milk to make it extra filling and nutritious. Milk adds potassium, vitamin D, calcium, and high-quality protein.
I serve my kids a glass of milk with breakfast as well. It is a good source of protein that helps them not get hungry an hour after breakfast. We are a huge milk drinking family, My daughter loves drinking milk before bed. It’s comforting to her and fills up her belly for a good night’s sleep.
My son drinks milk with every meal. It’s his go-to drink, which means it’s always on my shopping list. I like that it has 9 essential nutrients per 8 ounce cup that help him grow. Visit MilkLife.com for more delicious recipes. You can also follow them on Facebook.
Make Ahead Baked Oatmeal is make ahead in two ways. It can be prepared in the casserole dish the night before and baked in the morning. It can also be wrapped in foil and frozen up to 3 months. Just remember to label it or you might end up with a mystery meal in your freezer. If you are obsessed with freezer cooking as much as me, then you will want to check out this list of freezer friendly recipes.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 granny smith apples - peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- Warm Milk for Serving
- If baking right away, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Slowly whisk in the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- This recipe may be prepared the night before, refrigerated, and baked in the morning. It reheats well as leftovers. It can also be frozen (before baking) for up to 3 months. Defrost and bake as directed.
Amount Per Serving Calories 399
What if you could give your kids a nutrient-rich, delicious, farm fresh beverage with natural protein and no sugar added – all for about a quarter per serving? Surprise – it’s something that’s likely already in your fridge – white milk!
- Freezer Friendly Ham and Cheese Breakfast Burritos
- Amish-Style Nectarine Baked Oatmeal
- Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
- Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs
- Bread Machine Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting