As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy the fresh flavor of apples in these amazingly delicious Mini Apple Tarts. They’re flaky all thanks to their puff pastry base, and they contain just the right amount of cinnamon.
These tarts are the apple of my eye! I couldn’t be more thrilled to present my take on apple tarts. Plus, they’re mini and make for the perfect dinner party dessert!
My sweet tooth is definitely larger than life! If you’re the same, then be sure to check out some of my favorites desserts, which include:
What’s the Difference Between a Tart and a Pie?
The main difference between a tart and a pie is their use of crust. Tarts only have bottom crusts (thus, making them open-faced pastries), whereas pies boast a top crust (either whole or weaved).
For my mini apple tarts, I decided to use puff pastry, which gives them a mouthwatering, flaky texture – making them even harder to resist!
How Long Does it Take to Bake Mini Apple Tarts?
These apple tarts take about 30 minutes to bake in the oven. Don’t forget: they taste even better when they’re served warm! Once they’re complete, don’t hesitate to get in your first bite. These mini apple tarts are melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
How To Store Leftover Mini Apple Tarts
My mini apple tarts can be stored in an airtight container in room temperature for up to 2 days. If you decide to refrigerate them, they can be kept for 4-5 days.
How to Freeze Leftover Mini Apple Tarts
Before freezing your mini tarts, be sure that you have cooled them down completely. Then, wrap them in plastic and place in a freezer bag. You can freeze them for up to 4 months.
To serve after freezing, thaw the tarts completely, and then bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven (or until warmed through).
What Apples Can I Use to Make Mini Apple Tarts?
For my particular recipe, I recommend going with Gala or Honeycrisp apples. These are my top two favorite apples to use for baking.
Got Any More Apple Recipes?
I can’t help but use apples in my baked goods! Be sure to check out these other apple-inspired desserts:
Mini Apple Tarts
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 3 medium Gala or Honeycrisp apples peeled and cored and sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the room temperature butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Take the thawed pastry dough sheet and cut into 6 equal rectangles.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and spread a couple teaspoons of the mixture onto each rectangle.
- Place the apple slices with the skin side up onto each pastry rectangle. Fold the edges upwards, pinching to seal the corners.
- Drizzle any remaining sugar mixture onto the apple slices.
- Brush edges of pastry with the melted butter.
- Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes, or until the
edges are golden brown. Serve warm!