This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubDots #CollectiveBias
This cinnamon apple crisp just screams fall for me. I look forward to eating all of the delicious apple varieties all year long. Some of my favorites for snacking are gala and honeycrisp apples.
My favorite apples for baking are granny smith and red delicious. Both are included in this recipe for cinnamon apple crisp. They add the perfect sweet tart apple crisp combination.
This apple recipes is perfect for fall baking. It’s even better when you pair it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Cinnamon apple crisp is freezer friendly, to (one of my very favorite things to do in the kitchen)!
Just prep until the point of baking (don’t bake) wrap it up well with foil, label, and pop in your freezer for 2-3 months. When you’re ready to make it, defrost overnight in your fridge and bake as directed. You may need to add 10-15 minutes bake time depending on how much the cinnamon apple crisp has defrosted.
The only downside of fall baking is the mess left over. My dish was not pretty once we devoured the cinnamon apple crisp.
Luckily, I picked up Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots Sponges and Dishwands during my last trip to Target.
I used the Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponge on my baking dish and it cleaned up quick and easily. Those scrub dots aren’t just pretty, they are a special scrubbing dot technology that rinses clean so your sponges don’t get stained.
If you’re interested in trying Scotch-Brite Scrub Dots, you can grab a coupon for $1 off any 2 any Scrub Dots items from coupons.com.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Red Delicious Apples
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core, and slice apples and place in a large bowl.
- Toss together apples, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour, rolled oats, melted butter, and salt.
- Arrange apples evenly in the bottom of a 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Spoon oat mixture on top of apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until crumble is golden brown and apples are fork tender.
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make Ahead Baked Oatmeal with Apples
- Peach Cobbler
- Amish Style Nectarine Baked Oatmeal