This cinnamon apple crisp just screams fall for me. I look forward to eating all of the delicious apple varieties all year long. Some of my favorites for snacking are gala and honeycrisp apples.
What kind of apples go in cinnamon apple crisp?
My favorite apples for baking are granny smith and red delicious. Both are included in this recipe for cinnamon apple crisp (also try instant pot apple crisp). They add the perfect sweet tart apple crisp combination. (Also, check out this recipe for a Sweet & Tart Plum Crisp)
How to freeze apple crisp?
This apple recipes is perfect for fall baking. It’s even better when you pair it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Cinnamon apple crisp is freezer friendly, to (one of my very favorite things to do in the kitchen)!
Just prep until the point of baking (don’t bake) wrap it up well with foil, label, and pop in your freezer for 2-3 months. When you’re ready to make it, defrost overnight in your fridge and bake as directed. You may need to add 10-15 minutes bake time depending on how much the cinnamon apple crisp has defrosted.
Other ways to use up leftover apples:
- instant pot apple cider
- instant pot apple dumplings
- instant pot applesauce
- apple chips
- apples on salad
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Enjoy the flavors of fall with this cinnamon apple crisp. It's perfect when paired with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Red Delicious Apples
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core, and slice apples and place in a large bowl.
- Toss together apples, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour, rolled oats, melted butter, and salt.
- Arrange apples evenly in the bottom of a 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Spoon oat mixture on top of apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until crumble is golden brown and apples are fork tender.
Amount Per Serving Calories 261
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make Ahead Baked Oatmeal with Apples
- Peach Cobbler
- Amish Style Nectarine Baked Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Did you try this cinnamon apple crisp recipe? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.