Make your own homemade baked apple cider donuts at home with this simple baked donut recipe! This is the best recipe, using real apple cider for the batter and a delicious cinnamon spiced powder sugar topping.
We LOVE apple season around here! We like to celebrate with many trips to Apple Hill and all of the baked apple goods we can get our hands on!
What tools do I need to make apple cider donuts at home?
We use a donut pan to bake our apple cider donuts. If you want to make donuts at home, you will need a pan like this. We also use a piping bag to get the donut batter into the donut pan without making a mess.
Why are they called apple cider donuts?
They are called apple cider donuts because reduced apple cider is actually mixed into the batter, along with warming spices like cinnamon.
If you want to really make these donuts from scratch, we recommend trying our recipe for instant pot apple cider and use it in the batter – plus serve the extras with the donuts. Yum!
Don’t forget to save this to Pinterest!
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two donut pans and set aside.
- Pour apple cider in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. When cider begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook until reduced by half, to around 1/2 cup.
- While the cider is simmering, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat to combine.
- When the cider is reduced, remove from heat. Add the butter to the cider and stir until melted.
- Allow the cider mixture to cool slightly, then add it to the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the batter into the prepared donut pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the topping, mix together the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a large zip-top bag.
- Brush the donuts with the melted butter, then place one or two donuts in the bag.
- Close the bag and shake to coat the donuts with sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 donut
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 39mgSodium 297mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is an estimate.