Celebrate the USA with this yummy and festive patriotic edible cookie dough! This egg-free cookie dough recipe is perfect for you if you love eating cookie dough.
I love making festive food and crafts to celebrate 4th of July. You can spruce regular cookie and cake recipes up with red white and blue sprinkles, paper flags on toothpicks, or red white and blue fruit (think strawberries, blueberries, and bananas).
Some of our favorite patriotic recipes to make are 4th of July Marshmallow Pops, American Flag Toast, No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. If you’re looking to get crafty, try our tutorial for DIY American Flag Vases (made from tin cans) or get your kids in on the fun and whip up a batch of Red, White, and Blue Play Dough.
How to make patriotic edible cookie dough?
The trick to this recipe is warming up the flour in the microwave before mixing up the ingredients. (full printable recipe can be found at the bottom of this page)
- Start by microwaving the flour for 2 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Once heated, add butter and sugar to the flour.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla and milk. Start off with 2 tablespoons. Add more if needed.
- Mix well.
- Add sprinkles to your liking.
- Roll into balls and roll balls into additional sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to store edible cookie dough?
Store uneaten edible cookie dough in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
How long does edible cookie dough stay fresh?
3 days in the refrigerator.
Is it safe to eat edible cookie dough?
This recipe is made without eggs, making it safe to eat raw. However, you should always use your best judgement when preparing and eating foods.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Red white and blue sprinkles
- Place the flour in a microwave safe.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and mix in the butter and sugar.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Slowly stir in vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Add an additional tablespoon milk if needed to create the cookie dough consistency. The dough should hold together but not be overly wet.
- Mix well.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and roll balls in additional sprinkles, if desired.
Refrigerate any leftovers up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Charmed By Dragons Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Towel Set with Pot Holders Oven Mitt and Set of 6 Refrigerator Magnets Modern Farmhouse Decor (Patriotic RED)
Supla 53 Pack Patriotic Party Decorations 4th of July Tattoos Patriotic Stickers Tattoos American Flag USA Patriotic Shutter Glasses Patriotic Beaded Necklaces Patriotic Headbands Head Boppers Fake Mustaches Rubber Wristbands Bracelets
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 41mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for patriotic edible cookie dough? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.