As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make these extra crispy air fryer bread pork chops – they cook in just 9 minutes! They are made with THE BEST breadcrumb mixture that gives them loads of flavor and that extra crispy texture you are craving!
Breaded Air Fryer Pork Chops
Making pork chops in an air fryer is SO easy! I love it because they cook quickly and don’t get dried out. When cooking pork chops on the stove, it’s really easy to dry them out.
With the air fryer, they cook quickly and leave you with that super crispy texture on the outside while still staying tender on the inside. No dry pork here!
More tasty air fryer recipes:
- Garlic Herb Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Pretzel Crusted Air Fryer Chicken Strips
What is in the breading?
The breading for this pork chop recipe is a combination of Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and lots of yummy spices. We have you double dip the pork chops in the Panko mixture, which makes them extra crispy and delicious! (Scroll to the bottom of this post for the full recipe)
Do I really need to use Panko breadcrumbs?
Yes and no. You CAN use regular breadcrumbs, but your pork chops will not be quite as crisp. Panko breadcrumbs offer the best texture (in my opinion) for crispy coatings. If you are in a pinch, you can make your own breadcrumbs with this recipe but again, they won’t be quite as crispy.
What kind of pork chops should I use?
You can use either bone-in or boneless pork chops in this recipe. Look for thick-cut pork chops. I suggest looking for chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Thinner pork chops can be used, but they will cook faster. If you have thinner pork chops, check them every few minutes to make sure they don’t overcook.
How do I know when my pork chops are done cooking?
The best way to ensure your pork chops are cooked all the way through and don’t overcook is to use a meat thermometer. Pork chops are fully cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, I highly recommend purchasing one. This is the one I have. I got it on Amazon and it is super affordable and works great.
What kind of Air Fryer do I need to make pork chops?
This recipe was tested in a Cosori Max Air Fryer. However, you can use any type of air fryer to make crispy pork chops. This recipe will work in both basket-style and oven-style air fryers. Keep in mind that all air fryers (like ovens) cook slightly faster or slower, so it’s best to check your pork chops a couple of minutes before they are supposed to be done cooking.
Also, make sure to grease your air fryer well before adding the pork so the breading doesn’t stick. We use 100% olive oil spray in our air fryer and it works perfectly.
What to serve with breaded pork chops?
- Crockpot Applesauce Recipe
- Buttered Carrots
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Instant Pot Carrots with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
- Air Fryer Broccoli
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- 3 large eggs beaten
- Preheat air fryer to 370ºF.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together Panko, parmesan cheese, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and black pepper.
- Dip pork chops in egg and shake off any excess.
- Dip egg coated chops in breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip pork chops once again into egg and then breadcrumbs mixture.
- Spray inside of air fryer with olive oil.
- Arrange pork chops in a single layer inside air fryer.
- Spray tops of pork chops with olive oil.
- Air fry for 9 minutes, flipping half way through.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer breaded pork chops? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment!