Make these extra crispy air fryer chicken tenders today! This the best buttermilk chicken tender recipe for the air fryer!
It’s been many months and I am still in love with experimenting with with my air fryer. I partnered with Eggland’s Best to share this recipe on Instagram a few weeks ago. It was so good, I couldn’t not share it with you guys on my blog, too!
I have made chicken tenders before in the oven. All-though I love making them in the oven as an easy weeknight dinner, the air fryer is a total game changer!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Video
You can also watch the video on YouTube. Please give me a like and subscribe while you are there. 🙂
Making Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
We make these chicken tenders extra crispy by double dipping them in egg and breadcrumbs. The extra layer of crispy coating is what makes the breading really stick to the chicken tenders and gives you that restaurant quality chicken tender.
The air fryer makes the chicken tenders so crispy and crunch on the outside while keeping the chicken super moist and flavorful. If you are looking for more chicken tender recipes, try our recipe for Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders.
Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
We use buttermilk because it helps to tenderize the chicken, giving it the perfect texture after being air fried. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own buttermilk substitute.
What to serve with air fryer chicken tenders?
We love serving chicken tenders with ranch for dipping. Here are some recipe ideas to make along side the chicken tenders:
- Baked White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Fast and Easy Biscuits
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
- 1 pound raw chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Place chicken tenderloins in a shallow baking dish and cover with buttermilk. Let sit 1 hour.
- Preheat air fryer to 390F.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls.
- Place breadcrumbs, seasoned salt, paprika, parsley, and black pepper in a 3rd shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Drain buttermilk from chicken.
- Working in batches, dip chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Dip chicken in eggs and then in breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken in eggs again and in breadcrumbs a second time. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray inside of air fryer and arrange chicken in a single layer - without touching. You will need to work in batches.
- Air fry chicken tenders for 6 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Keep cooked chicken in the oven set at “keep warm” or the lowest setting while cooking the rest of the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 chicken tenders
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 272mgSodium 1635mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 40g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer chicken tenders? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.