Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs are one of those comfort food dishes I love making because it makes everyone happy. My son eats the pasta, my daughter eats the meatballs, and we devour all of it.
This recipe was originally featured in my Crockpot Freezer Meal Plan and is totally freezer friendly. This slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs also makes great leftovers. If you like spaghetti and meatballs, you are going to love our recipe for cheeseburger sliders, too!
This recipe is made with ground beef. If you’re looking for a leaner version of crockpot spaghetti and meatballs, then check out my recipe for crockpot italian meatballs – made with ground turkey.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 32 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, parmesan, red pepper, basil, parsley, sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix and knead the meat mixture until fully combined.
- Roll the meat into golf ball sized pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Working in batches, brown the meatballs so they are just brown on the inside - about 30 seconds per side.
- Place the browned meatballs into the bowl of your slow cooker and cover with marinara sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- When the meatballs are done, cook the spaghetti according to package directions and serve topped with the meatballs and marinara.
- TO FREEZE: Prepare meatballs and brown them. Let cool. Place meatballs in a gallon sized freezer bag and top with marinara sauce. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to serve, defrost overnight or run the bag under warm water to break into pieces and place in slow cooker (it's okay to be partially frozen). Cook on LOW 8 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories 447