This protein-packed tropical smoothie post is sponsored by Morinaga Nutritional Foods, Inc., maker of Mori-Nu® Silken Tofu and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
Enjoy this protein-packed tropical smoothie as a meal replacement or healthy snack. I love making smoothies for an on-the-go breakfast or to help fill my kids’’ bellies after school. When I made this recipe for the first time, my two older kids drank their tropical smoothies with dinner. I served them with straws and a slice of pineapple. They loved it!
What is in the Protein Packed Tropical Smoothie?
The protein in this smoothie comes from Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Extra Firm by Morinaga Nutritional Foods, Inc. It’s a great alternative protein. If you haven’t made smoothies with tofu before, now is the time! It blends up really quickly and takes on whatever flavors you are using. I love that it’s super versatile and is shelf stable. Anything I don’t have to refrigerate or worry about going bad right away is a winner in my book. It makes this mama of three’s life much easier!
In addition to the Mori-Nu Silken Tofu, the protein-packed tropical smoothie is blended together with fresh banana, frozen pineapple, frozen mango, honey, and coconut milk. It reminds me of the fancy drinks we enjoyed on our honeymoon in Maui. If I close my eyes, I can almost find myself poolside in Hawaii. Don’t take my word for it, make this smoothie and you’ll see. You can pick up the Mori-Nu Silken Tofu online or go to the store locator to find your nearest silken tofu retailer.
More information about Mori-Nu Silken Tofu:
- Mori-Nu Silken Tofu is one of the highest-qualities of silken tofu on the market, providing unmatched smoothness, creaminess, and great taste.
- The texture of silken tofu is generally smoother and creamier with a slightly higher water content than dense, spongy tub tofu (or “momen” in Japanese).
- Mori-Nu Silken Tofu products are sold in a unique aseptic package that protects fresh tofu from light and bacteria, allowing for a long shelf life without the need for refrigeration or use of preservatives. The packaging locks out light, oxygen, and micro-organisms which lead to spoilage and allow for a long shelf life.
- Mori-Nu Silken Tofu is Kosher, non-GMO and gluten-free.
- You can use Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Extra Firm for stir-fry, but you can also blend the firm or soft versions of Morinaga Silken Tofu for creamy and delicious smoothies, shakes, desserts, dips, and sauces. Or crumble the firm tofu into eggless scrambles or pasta fillings.
For information about Mori-Nu Tofu., visit www.morinu.com.
You might also like: Protein Packed Blueberry Kale Smoothie
Amount Per Serving Calories 325