My daughter had been asking me to make pumpkin muffins with her for weeks before I finally made it go right to bake these tasty pumpkin cornbread muffins with her. She loves helping me in the kitchen and hasn’t met a baked good she didn’t like!
We love baking muffins together and have shared other muffin recipes, including: Air Fryer Pumpkin Muffins (Just 2 Ingredients!), Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins with Streusel Topping, Cheesy Cornbread Zucchini Muffins, Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Blueberry Muffins with Vanilla Muffin Glaze, and Strawberry Banana Muffins. We love our muffins around here!
How to make Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins?
- Start by whisking together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. (little helpers are great for mixing)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the pumpkin and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the pumpkin cornbread batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How long do pumpkin muffins last?
Pumpkin muffins last 3 days at room temperature. They can be frozen for 3 months or longer.
How to freeze pumpkin cornbread muffins?
- Allow muffins to fully cool to room temperature.
- Place muffins in a freezer safe bag in a single layer with muffin liners left on.
- Suck as much air out of the bag as possible using a straw.
- Label the bag with the date they were frozen and the type of muffin they are.
- Freeze up to 3 months (or longer, as long as they stay frozen the entire time).
- To defrost, take one or more muffins out and let them come to room temperature (this takes about an hour).
- Warm muffins in microwave, if desired, and serve with butter.
Do pumpkin muffins need to be refrigerated?
No. Pumpkin muffins can be stored at room temperate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Homemade pumpkin muffins do not contain preservatives so they will need to be frozen if you are planning to eat them after 3 days.
What to serve with pumpkin cornbread muffins?
We love pumpkin cornbread muffins as an easy snack or paired with a lunch at school. Pumpkin cornbread muffins are also perfect when paired with a hearty soup like white chicken chili or chicken vegetable soup. Here are some other things to serve with pumpkin cornbread muffins:
- Scrambled eggs and bacon (muffins in place of toast)
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder
- Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
Make these tasty pumpkin cornbread muffins as a special snack or to pair with a hearty soup or chili. We love this fun spin on pumpkin cornbread!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking poweder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix until the batter is wet.
- Fold in the pumpkin.
- Scoop the pumpkin cornbread muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let mufffins cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
- Store cooled muffins in an air-tight container at room temperature, up to 3 days.
- White whole wheat flour may be used in place of the all-purpose flour.
- Muffins may be frozen up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 29mgSodium 243mgCarbohydrates 18gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 7gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for pumpkin cornbread muffins? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You an also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.