Crockpot Beef Tips with mushrooms and gravy is a comforting slow cooker meal that will please your whole family! It takes just 15 minutes of prep time and you can come home to a delicious meal!
This crockpot recipe is made with simple real food ingredients and does not include any gravy mixes or cream of mushroom soup. It is made with tasty beef tips, baby Bella mushrooms, pepperoncinis (for extra flavor), and a handful of spices.
If you are looking for other tasty crockpot recipes, we recommend Crockpot Roast with Gravy, Crockpot Cajun Sausage and Potatoes, Crockpot Beef Tacos, or Crockpot Buffalo Chicken. If you have an instant pot, you might want to check out our long list of instant pot recipes, too.
How to make crockpot beef tips?
- The key making tasty crockpot beef tips is coating them in flour and searing them on the stove first (much like our recipe for pot roast).
- This adds in a nice crust on the meat and locks in the flavor.
- Once the meat is cooked, combine it with beef broth, mushrooms, pepperoncinis, Worcestershire, and spices in your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (can go up to 8 hours if needed).
- Whisk in a cornstarch slurry and let it cook another 30 minutes, until gravy is thickened.
Can I use stew meat instead of beef tips?
Yes, stew meat can be used in place of beef tips. You will still follow the directions as shown below and the cook time stays the same.
Can I freeze this crockpot beef tips recipe?
Yes, you can turn this into a crockpot freezer meal! Simply prepare the beef tips to the point of putting them in the slow cooker. Instead, let the meat cool and freeze in a freezer safe container or freezer bag.
When ready to cook, simply dump the frozen meal directly into the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours, adding the cornstarch slurry at the end as directed.
What to serve with crockpot beef tips?
We love serving beef tips with buttered noodles. They would also be great with a simple vegetable side like roasted broccoli with garlic or green beans.
- 3 pounds beef tips
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place the beef tips and flour in a large zip-top bag. Close the bag and shake to coat the meat.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter. Brown the meat in batches on all sides.
- As the meat is seared, transfer to the crockpot.
- Add 1 cup of the beef broth to the skillet and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Pour the broth over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining 1 cup beef broth, onion, mushrooms, pepperoncinis, Worcestershire, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaf to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. Mix into the slow cooker and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve beef tips with gravy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 371Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 120mgSodium 1878mgCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 4gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 38g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Crockpot Beef Tips? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.