Crockpot Beef Tacos
There was a great sale on chuck roasts last week at Lucky. They were on sale for 3.99/pound, which is the lowest I am able to find them. When they go on sale, I try to stock up.
That’s where these crockpot beef tacos come in. They are really easy to prepare and feed a crowd. We usually eat half of the batch and freeze the other half for a quick and easy meal on a busy night.
More tasty recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Turkey Chili
- Crockpot Cajun Sausage and Potatoes
- Crockpot Italian Meatballs
- Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- Crockpot Beef Tips
You can prep this meal the night before and store it in the crock in your fridge. Just throw it in the crockpot and hit start in the morning.
- 2-3 pound chuck roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 4 oz. cans mild diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Corn tortillaspic de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro for serving., for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chuck roast with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place chuck roast on the hot skillet and sear (approximately 30 seconds per side). Remove from heat.
- Arrange the sliced yellow onion on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the seared chuck roast on top of the onion.
- Pour the green chiles over the chuck roast and sprinkle with oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix together water and corn starch. Pour over chuck roast.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Turn of heat and shred beef with a fork or tongs. The meat with just fall apart and it will combine all ingredients.
- Serve with corn tortillas, pic de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving Calories 365