This parmesan roasted asparagus is an easy and delicious side dish you can make any day of the week! Thank you to Moms Meet for sponsoring this post.
I used to hate vegetables. When I moved into my own place and learned how to cook, all I knew how to make was steamed broccoli. And let me tell you – I would be happy to never eat another steamed vegetable again!
If you feel the same way as me, then you should seriously consider crossing over into roasted vegetables. They leave the vegetables slightly crispy (not mushy), and the roasting deepens many vegetables sweetness.
Which Olive Oil is best for roasting vegetables?
The trick to a really good roasted vegetable is the olive oil. Not all olive oils are created equal and using a sub-par variety of oil will leave your veggies not tasting that great.
That’s why I’m happy to introduce to you Flavor Your Life 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has the perfect fruity flavor of olive oil and is the best olive oil I have ever tasted.
Cooking with European olive oil really does make a difference. It is all about where the olives are grown and when they are harvested. The flavor even differs depending on the region the olives were grown (Spain, France, Italy, etc).
So, when roasting asparagus, it’s best to choose a good quality olive oil like Flavor Your Life.
Do you wash asparagus before roasting?
Yes, you always want to wash your vegetables well before cooking them. It’s also important to trim off the woody ends of the asparagus.
Can you cook asparagus too long?
Yes, overcooking asparagus results are mushy and not very good.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon Flavor Your Life 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Wash and trim ends of asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Set oven to broil and place asparagus back in oven for 1 minute, until cheese is golden brown.
- Remoe asapargus from oven and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 58Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 5mgSodium 378mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for parmesan roasted asparagus? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment!