Whip up Sunday Dinner in a flash with this recipe for Instant Pot Pot Roast! This pot roast is tender and flavorful. It cooks right in the pot with the carrots and potatoes – making your whole meal come out perfectly seasoned and ready to feed a crowd!
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
Do you ever have those days where you had the greatest intentions of doing all the things but end up falling short and forgetting something as simple as starting dinner in the slow cooker in the morning? I know I have done this many, many times. (This post contains affiliate links.)
That’s where the beauty of the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker comes in. It cuts cook times way down and even cooks large cuts of meat like chuck roast in less than 2 hours. That’s a lot of time savings if you think about how long that same cut of meat would need to slow cook (anywhere from 8-12 hours).
BE IN THE KNOW! JOIN OUR EXCLUSIVE INSTANT POT FACEBOOK GROUP!
Don’t get me wrong, I still love my slow cooker (although I do use it a lot less these days), but the Instant Pot is a game changer. One of my husband’s all time favorite meals is pot roast, but with 3 kids 5 and under, I can often forget to throw together dinner in the slow cooker and miss my window (I’m talking to you 7 AM).
This Instant Pot Pot Roast doesn’t need to be started until mid afternoon. Which is perfect if you want to have a filling and comforting meal, but aren’t a morning person. Or have a million things going on first thing in the morning. Or would rather just sit in your favorite chair with a warm cup of coffee and enjoy the presence of your family. Whatever your reason. this recipe will save you.
Did you try this recipe? Please consider leaving us a comment and rating!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 pound boneless chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound baby carrots
- Set Instant Pot to saute and heat olive oil.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chuck roast.
- Carefully place chuck roast into instant pot (the oil can splatter) and let brown for 1 minute. Flip and brown on the other side.
- Remove roast and set aside.
- Pour in the broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot (scrape up the brown bits with a wooden spoon).
- Whisk in the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add in the red potatoes and baby carrots, turning to coat in the liquid.
- Place the browned chuck roast on top of the potatoes and carrots.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual - high pressure for 70 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release.
Amount Per Serving Calories 446
- Instant Pot Meatloaf with Potatoes and Carrots
- Instant Pot Apple BBQ Ribs
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup