As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make perfectly cooked corned beef with this Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe. It makes perfectly tender meat with flavorful cabbage and potatoes that get crisped up perfectly after being cooked in the pressure cooker and the crisp lid.
I love corned beef and cabbage. It was a recipe my mom made every year around St. Patrick’s Day and it takes me back to my childhood every time I eat it.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you have been hanging around for a long time, you know that I share lots and lots of instant pot recipes and even published an instant pot cookbook.
But the Ninja Foodi has become extremely popular with its pressure cooker/air fryer combination. It really is awesome!
So today, I am sharing a recipe for corned beef and cabbage in the Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker and crisp lid functions.
This recipe is really where the Ninja Foodi shines. It is the best of both worlds – a pressure cooker and an air fryer. It gives you juicy meat with the perfect amount of crispness. I hope you enjoy it!
You may also like: Crockpot Corned Beef and Potatoes
Can I make it in the instant pot?
Now, if you don’t have a Ninja Food or crisp lid, I am also including a workaround for making this in your instant pot or other pressure cooker.
If you want to make corned beef and cabbage in your instant pot pressure cooker, follow the pressure cooker directions as explained below. When using the crisp lid, transfer the dish to your oven and broil for a few minutes, until crispy.
Alternatively, if you own an air fryer, you can transfer it to your air fryer and follow the directions and laid out below.
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 4 to 5 pounds corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion diced
- 7 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ pounds gold baby potatoes scrubbed
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 head green cabbage cored and cut in wedges
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- Place brisket in the cooker pot with the fat-side down.
- Add seasoning packet, stock, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 1 hour and 15 minutes or 75 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick release.
- Remove the brisket from the cooker and keep warm. Also remove the garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to the pot with the liquid. Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 3 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle. Once the cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
- To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and water over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Stir in the mustard and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the corned beef brisket over the vegetables and pour the glaze over the corned beef. Replace the crisping lid and set the Air Crisp function to 400°F. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket and allow to rest for 15 minutes prior to slicing.
- To serve, slice brisket against the grain. Serve with vegetables and mustard, if desired.
Did you try this recipe for Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage? Let us know what you thought with a rating and review (above).