Make this juicy baked chicken caprese for dinner tonight! This easy baked chicken recipe is inspired by caprese salad. Chicken breast is topped with sliced mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato, and fresh basil. It’s the perfect easy and healthy weeknight dinner.
Easy Baked Chicken
I love a good baked chicken recipe. I love that this baked caprese chicken recipe is easy to assemble, with just 10 minutes of prep time before it bakes in the oven. I live for these kinds of meals, so I can focus on other things, like taking a break to snuggle up with my kiddos on the couch for a few minutes.
What to serve with baked chicken caprese?
This chicken recipe is very versatile! You can pair it with a simple vegetable, and if you like, a starchy side. Here are a few ideas:
- Spaghetti with marinara
- Green Salad
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- Easy Oven Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease a 9x9 square baking dish and set aside.
- Brush the olive oil on both sides of the chicken breasts and place them in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add mozzarella and tomato slices on top.
- Return chicken to the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the baked chicken caprese from the oven.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with fresh basil and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 471Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 136mgSodium 627mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 4gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 48g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for baked chicken caprese? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment (the star ratings, above).