Roasted zucchini and yellow squash packs a punch with lemon and pepper flavors! You will love how easy baking zucchini and yellow squash really is! It will take you just a few minutes to whip up this yummy batch of baked squash and zucchini that pairs perfectly with chicken or fish. Roasted zucchini and squash in the oven is not a zucchini recipe you want to miss!
I love serving roasted yellow squash and zucchini in the summer. I have made it in so many different ways, including parmesan zucchini rounds, zucchini fries, and zucchini fritters. I have even turned summer squash into a cornbread casserole. But this recipe for roasted zucchini and yellow squash is the simplest.
It’s the best for those busy nights when you just want to get something on the table. It only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then all of the work is done in the oven, roasting the yellow squash and zucchini. Two of my favorite summer vegetables.
This recipe is made with lemon pepper seasoning. I started experimenting with this seasoning when I was recipe testing for my cookbook. It has a wonderful flavor that goes especially well zucchini, squash, and fish.
How to make roasted zucchini and yellow squash?
- Start by slicing and quartering your zucchini and summer squash.
- Toss the veggies in olive oil, salt, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Spread the squash and zucchini on a foil-lined cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes for perfectly tender baked squash and zucchini.
What to serve with baked squash and zucchini?
Do you peel yellow squash?
No. The skin on the yellow squash are completely edible. It has a very mild flavor, so there is no need to waste your time peeling yellow squash (also known as summer squash).
How do you cut yellow squash?
For this recipe, we cut the yellow squash into 1/2 inch rounds and then cut the rounds into quarters. This turns them into perfect bite-sized pieces that roast well in the oven.
- 1 large yellow squash (8-10 inches long)
- 1 large zucchini (8-10 inches long)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon and pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini and squash into 1/2 inch thick slices and quartered.
- Combine squash, zucchini, olive oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix.
- Spread zucchini and squash on cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring half-way through.
- Serve hot.
Refrigerate any leftovers, up to 3 days.
Variation: This recipe may be made with all zucchini or all yellow squash.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 698mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 3gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for roasted zucchini and yellow squash? Let us know what you think with a rating and comment. You can also tag us on social media using @aileeencooks.