Are you looking for a healthy chicken dinner recipe? Try this air fryer chicken parmesan recipe! It’s crispy and flavorful without all of the added fat!
This may just be my new favorite air fryer recipe. I have been experimenting with my air fryer most days of the week, trying to perfect things like Pork Tenderloin, whole chicken, Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, roasted veggies, frozen food, and meatloaf.
But chicken parmesan? I was not expecting to love it so much. This recipe is amazing. It is so good.
How to make air fryer chicken parmesan?
- Instead of breading the chicken with breadcrumbs, I brushed it in butter and dipped it in a combination of grated parmesan and spices.
- Air fry your chicken for 9 minutes, flipping half way through and topping with marinara and mozzarella cheese.
- That’s it and it comes out perfectly crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and cheesy on top. Yum!
What Air Fryer can I use?
You can make this recipe in any kind of air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
I used my COSORI Max XL basket-style air fryer. I cooked half of the chicken at a time and kept the cooked chicken warm in my oven set on the “keep warm” setting – 170°F.
If you have an oven-style air fryer, you can cook all the chicken at the same time. Regardless of what type of air fryer you use, the temperature and cook time stay the same.
What do you eat with chicken parmesan?
- Maple Bacon Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts (as pictured)
- Winter Salad with Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Are you looking for a healthy chicken dinner recipe? Try this air fryer chicken parmesan recipe! It's crispy and flavorful without all of the added fat!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F degrees.
- Season chicken breasts well with salt and pepper.
- Brush melted butter on both sides of chicken.
- Combine parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Dredge chicken in parmesan cheese mixture so it is coated on both sides.
- Place coated chicken in air fryer in a single layer (work in batches, if needed).
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes.
- Flip chicken, top with marinara sauce and mozzerela cheese.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and cheese is melted.
- If working in batches, place cooked chicken in a warmed oven and cook remaining chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 butterflied chicken breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 100mgSodium 918mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 26g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer chicken parmesan? Let us know what you thought with a rating and review (above).