These instant pot brownies are a chocolate lovers dream! Our instant pot fudgy brownie recipe is made even more decadent with an outstanding creamy chocolate frosting. You won’t believe how easy it is to make instant pot brownies from scratch in your electric pressure cooker!
We love our chocolate treats around here. We have also shared recipes for Instant Pot Chocolate Cake, Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake, Frosted Chocolate Chunk Brownies, Christmas Puppy Chow, Fudgy Nutella Brownies, and Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Frosting. Not chocolatey, but these Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Bars are a total dream come true.
This recipe is also featured in our cookbook: The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book.
How to make instant pot brownies from scratch?
- Start by mixing up your brownie batter. (Scroll down to the full recipe for the ingredients)
- Grease a 7-inch cheesecake pan and fill with brownie batter.
- Put 1 1/2 cups water in your instant pot.
- Lower the cake pan into the instant pot using a trivet or foil sling.
- Close the lid and seal your instant pot.
- Cook for 50 minutes with an NPR.
- Remove the pan and let cool fully, or add frosting for even more decedent instant pot brownies.
Can I bake in my instant pot?
No, technically, an instant pot does not “bake”. It pressure cooks your foods. However, the instant pot is wonderful at making moist and dense baked goods. We love making brownies, boxed cake mix, banana bread, cornbread, and even banana bread in jars right in our instant pot!
What pans can go in instant pot?
You can use glass, ceramic, metal, and silicone pans in your instant pot! Our favorites for making cakes and brownies in our instant pot are the Fat Daddio cake pan and Fat Daddio cheesecake pan. We have also used a Pyrex dish with success!
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place water inside the Instant Pot. Grease a (7-inch) cake pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Mix until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into greased cake pan. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Lower pan into Instant Pot using trivet, or create a foil sling if trivet arms aren't long enough.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 50 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally and remove lid.
- Carefully remove cake pan and remove foil.
- To make frosting: whisk together powder sugar, softened butter, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread chocolate frosting over brownies while still hot.
- Let brownies cool on a cooling rack for at least an hour before serving.
It's important to make sure the butter is very soft when mixing up the frosting. If your butter is cold, heat it up in the microwave in 5-10 second increments until soft.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving Calories 428Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 93mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 55gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 45gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
We love this amazing way to enjoy homemade brownies at home. If you try this recipe for instant pot brownies, please let me know what you think with a rating or comment. You can also tag me on social media using @aileencooks.