The best instant pot pulled pork you will every make! This amazing recipe gives you a pot full of flavorful pulled pork in under two hours!
This pulled pork recipe is made with a pork butt and cooked with Dr. Pepper, liquid smoke, and a variety of tasty spices. We love cooking pulled pork in the instant pot because it is ready in just a few hours. It’s perfect for those days when you don’t have time to let it slow cook in your crockpot all day.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
I love a recipe that I can throw together in my instant pot and come back to in an hour or so with enough food to feed a crowd. This instant pot pulled pork recipe is perfect for serving during the big game or Sunday dinner.
I love cooking up big cuts of meat because they usually feed my family twice. Which means, I get to take a night off of cooking! Plus, leftovers are usually just as good, if not better the next day. Some other recipes you might like are Instant Pot Pot Roast, Crockpot Beef Tacos, Instant Pot Roast Beef, and Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin. Make sure you pick up our Instant Pot Cookbook, too!
If you have an air fryer, we highly recommend our recipe for Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops!
What is the best cut of meat for pulled pork?
The best cut of meat for pulled pork is one that has a good amount of fat in it. We use pork butt (sometimes called pork shoulder) but you can also use pork loin, if desired.
What should I serve with pulled pork?
Serve pulled pork on rolls, in tacos, or on nachos. Serve the pulled pork with:
- Cole Slaw
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Red Potato Salad
- Baked White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-pound pork butt
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Pres sauté on the instant pot and add the olive oil.
- Sear pork on all sides. Turn the instant pot off.
- Pour in Dr. Pepper and half of the maple syrup and half the seasonings.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 60 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Remove meat from the pressure cooker and shred using two forks.
- Drain all but 1 cup of the cooking liquid from the inner pot, and then return the shredded pork to the instant pot.
- Mix in the remaining maple syrup and seasonings. Add in the liquid smoke.
- Press the sauté button. Bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 682Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 195mgSodium 166mgCarbohydrates 15gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 10gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 53g
Nutrition information is an estimate. Nutrition is calculated without bun.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot pulled pork? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipes creations on social media using @aileencooks.