Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin is one of those slow cooker recipes you probably never considered, but will love! It’s packed full of delicious flavors that please the whole family.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin – A new twist on a family favorite
I normally make my slow cooker Hawaiian dinner with chicken, but I decided to shake it up. I don’t think I’ll go back now that I have made it with the Smithfield Boneless Center Cut Fresh Pork Loin... this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin was really easy to throw together and run out the door in the morning (a must in this current season of life).
Smithfield Fresh Pork is made with 100% fresh pork and no artificial ingredients. Smithfield also offers a variety of cuts aside from the Boneless Fresh Pork Loin featured in this recipe. They offer: ground pork, chops, tenderloins, roasts, ribs, and pre-marinated flavors.
10 minutes of prep for an easy dinner
I love that it just takes a couple of ingredients to make this meal – ingredients I usually have on hand anyway. Start with bell peppers and a sweet onion roughly chopped and placed at the bottom of your slow cooker.
Then, it’s time to prepare your meat. Set out your Smithfield Boneless Fresh Pork Loin on a cutting board. It’s big – so you can cut it in half and freeze the other half for future use.
Slice the remaining pork into 1 inch thick chops. Season with salt and pepper and layer on top of your chopped veggies. See, I told you it was easy!
Finish off the recipe by whisking together a can of crushed pineapple and your favorite sweet BBQ sauce. Pour it over your fresh pork, cover, and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
You might also like my crockpot freezer meal plan.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Smithfield Fresh Center Cut Pork Boneless Loin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 18 oz bottle sweet bbq sauce
- Arrange chopped sweet onion and bell pepper at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cut up your 1/2 pork loin into 1-inch thick slices and layer on top of the chopped onions and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crushed pineapple and bbq sauce.
- Pour over the sliced pork chops.
- Close the lid of the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 7-8 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories 505
That’s it. A super easy recipe to add to your list of go-to family meals! I also want to invite you to “Shake It Up” and try fresh pork in your go-to chicken or beef dishes. You can pick up Smithfield Fresh Pork at your local Winco, as well as select grocery stores nationwide.
While you’re at it, why not enter the Smithfield “Shake It Up” Challenge contest?
- Smithfield is inspiring families to “shake up” their cooking routines, offering a chance to win $5,000 and hundreds in other great prizes.
- At-home cooks are being challenged to share their tips on how they use fresh pork in their go-to beef or chicken recipes to see how a little change can add a lot of flavor.
- How To Enter the Photo/Tip Contest:
- From now through April 8, visit www.Smithfield.com/ShakeItUp to submit a photo of your original dish along with a brief description on how you shake up your meal routine to receive one entry into the Contest. Limit one Photo entry per person.
- How To Enter the Sweepstakes:
- Visit www.Smithfield.com/ShakeItUp and register on the website to automatically receive one entry into the sweepstakes drawing. Each eligible entry in the photo contest will count towards 10 entries into the sweepstakes drawing.
- Share your photo on Facebook OR Twitter using the hashtag #SmithfieldShakeItUp and #ContestEntry to receive 10 additional entries into the sweepstakes drawing.
Did you try this recipe for Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin? Let us know what you thought in the comments or tag us on social media using @aileencooks.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Fresh Pork.