Enjoy all of the flavors of stuffed peppers in soup form! Instant pot stuffed pepper soup is easy, delicious, and fast!
We love a good stuffed pepper. Not only are they beautiful and fun to eat, but they taste great, too! They are extremely versatile because you add whatever fillings you like. We love classic stuffed peppers, Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers, and taco stuffed peppers.
If you are a big fan of cooking with your instant pot (or just getting started), make sure to check out our full list of instant pot recipes, instant pot guide for beginners, and instant pot cookbook.
Sometimes, you just want to warm up with a warm bowl of soup. That’s where the instant pot stuffed pepper soup comes in! It’s loaded with ground beef, colorful diced peppers, rice, tomatoes, and flavorful spices!
Can you freeze instant pot stuffed pepper soup?
Yes. Stuffed pepper is very freezer friendly. The trick is to make sure it is fully cooled before freezing the soup. Otherwise, you will end up with freezer burn. Make sure to read our post on how to freeze soup for more tips.
Can I substitute ground turkey?
You sure can! You can absolutely use ground turkey or even ground pork or chicken in place of the ground beef in this recipe. It is really versatile and will work with whatever ground meat you have on hand!
If you are vegetarian, you can even use meatless crumbles in this recipe. You will also want to swap the chicken broth for vegetable broth. If you are trying to watch your carbs, you can also omit the rice or substitute it for cauliflower rice.
What to serve with stuffed pepper soup?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) bag instant rice
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the ground beef and onion.
- Cook until meat is browned and onions are golden.
- Mix in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Add the water, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, rice, tomato paste, brown sugar, bell peppers, italian seasoning, basil, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 10 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release pressure and remove lid once the float valve drops down.
- Serve and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Lawry's Seasoning Bundle (Pack of 2) includes 1-Bottle Seasoned Salt, 40 oz + 1-Bottle Seasoned Pepper, 10.3 oz
Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 397Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 71mgSodium 1481mgCarbohydrates 34gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 18gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 25g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot stuffed pepper soup? Let us know what you thought with a rating and review (above).