As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This air fryer stuffed peppers recipe has just the right combination of spices. We love it as an easy and healthy weeknight dinner.
Air fryer stuffed peppers are easy to make with just one bowl to mix the ingredients together before stuffing them into sweet red bell peppers. The bell peppers come out perfectly tender after being air fried for just 15 minutes. This is also a great meal prep recipe as stuffed bell peppers reheat well and can even be frozen!
What kind of peppers for stuffed peppers?
We use red bell peppers in this recipe but you can use any bell peppers you have on hand: green, yellow, or even orange! Keep in mind that green bell peppers are the last sweet and red bell peppers are the most sweet.
If you want to experiment with more stuffed peppers recipes, make sure to try these tasty ideas:
Should you cook meat before stuffing peppers?
No. There is no need to cook the meat prior to stuffing them in the peppers as it cooks inside the pepper. However, if you are using rice, it will need to be cooked prior to being stuffed in the pepper.
How do you know when stuffed peppers are done?
The best way to know is using a meat thermometer to check the doneness of the ground beef. It should be heated to 160°F.
Can I omit the rice in this recipe?
Yes. If you want to make these stuffed peppers low-carb (or if you just don’t have any rice), you can follow the recipe without adding any rice. Depending on the size of the peppers, the peppers may be slightly less full.
How long do cooked stuffed peppers last in the fridge?
Up to 3 days.
Do stuffed peppers freeze well?
Yes. Cooked stuffed peppers freeze very well. To freeze, wait until they are cooled completely. Place stuffed bell peppers in a freezer safe air-tight container and freeze up to 3 months. To reheat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or air fryer at 300°F until heated throughout.
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Slice the tops of the bell peppers off and remove the seeds from inside the pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, cooked rice, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Spoon the beef mixture into each pepper, filling to the brim.
- Carefully placed stuffed peppers inside the air fryer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, or until ground beef is cooked completely.