Make breakfast easy with this instant pot blueberry oatmeal! With just a few ingredients, you will have a healthy and delicious breakfast ready with little prep time.
Oatmeal is easy enough to make on the stove, but I like making it in my Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker because there is little hands-on time. I just stick all of the ingredients in the pot and let it do it’s thing. I love that I don’t have to babysit a pot on the stove or stir constantly.
This recipes for blueberry oatmeal requires natural pressure release. So, the cook time is only 3 minutes, but coming to pressure and naturally releasing pressure brings it up to about 30 minutes. That’s just something you will want to keep in mind when planning your morning.
I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as my family did. My kids surprised me by how much they loved it!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- cinnamon for serving
- Combine the oats, blueberries, milk, brown sugar, and salt in the bowl of your instant pot.
- Cook oats on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Top with cinnamon and additional blueberries, if desired.