As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy and full of flavor, this Buffalo Chicken Soup is exactly what you need when you’re craving something warm, hearty and comforting. Make it on the stove top or in your Instant Pot!
When it comes to comfort food, I’m all about a delicious soup. This soup boasts the tangy and spicy flavor we all love about buffalo chicken. It’s smooth and flavorful, especially since it’s topped with croutons, blue cheese and green onion. It’s safe to say that this Buffalo Chicken Soup has the most mouthwatering flavor profile!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
As aforementioned, this soup can be made either on the stovetop or Instant Pot – I love the fact that I can give you your choice for preparation method!
If you can’t resist a delicious soup, then be sure to check out my other Instant Pot soup recipes:
And if you’re looking for a really tasty chicken dinner, I recommend instant pot chicken fajitas.
How Long Does It Take to Cook This Soup?
On the stove top, this Buffalo Chicken Soup simmers for about 20 minutes after reaching its boiling point. In the Instant Pot, it pressure cooks for 15 minutes.
Be sure to head down to the recipe card for my full step-by-step instructions.
What Can I Serve With This Soup?
This soup pairs amazingly well with other comfort food dishes. I particularly love serving mine with:
More Instant Pot Inspiration!
Can’t get enough of your Instant Pot? I don’t blame you! Ever since I started using mine a few years ago, I haven’t been able to stop!
Did you know that I have a cookbook? My “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book features 175 family-friendly Instant Pot recipes that are budget-friendly and extremely tasty!
How to Freeze Buffalo Chicken Soup
When freezing leftover soup, it’s important that it reaches room temperature. Once cooled down, pour it into your desired freezer-safe container (like a freezer bag or a mason jar), seal shut and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you’d like more information on how to freeze your soups, be sure to read all the details in my How to Freeze Soup blog post.
How to Reheat Frozen Leftover Soup
When reheating the soup from the freezer, allow it to thaw in its container. Then, pour it into a saucepan and let it reheat over medium heat.
What Other Garnishes Can I Use to Top Off my Soup?
We absolutely adore the blue cheese and crouton topping for our Buffalo Chicken Soup. However, you can also use these delicious alternatives:
- Pieces of fresh baguette
- Chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Sour cream
Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Croutons Crumbled Blue Cheese, and Green Onion for garnish
Instant Pot directions:
- Set the instant pot to sauté and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Turn instant pot off. Mix in chicken broth, chicken, heavy cream, buffalo sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Close lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set the cook time to 15 minutes.
- Quick release. Serve topped with blue cheese, green onion, and croutons.
Stove top directions:
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken, heavy cream, buffalo sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve with crumbled blue cheese, croutons, and green onion.