Make this tasty chicken bacon casserole tonight! It’s made with flavorful caesar marinated chicken, yummy pasta, and lots of bacon! I love, love, love a good casserole. When I can cover the entire meal – it just makes me happy and makes my life easier.
My family is a huge fan of casseroles, too. So making this chicken and bacon pasta casserole just makes sense!
Other casseroles recipes we have shared and loved are Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, Turkey Noodle Casserole, and Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole. If you have an instant pot, than you might like our recipe for Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta, too!
Can I freeze this chicken bacon casserole recipe?
Yes, this recipe is very freezer friendly!
- Prepare the recipe to the point of baking (but don’t bake).
- Wrap the casserole in two layers of foil.
- Label the foil with the baking instructions, date, and name of casserole.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, defrost in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed in the recipe.
- Serve and Enjoy!
More on freezing casseroles:
Can I add veggies to this casserole?
If you want to add in some extra vegetables to your casserole, I recommend chopping up broccoli or cauliflower and adding it into the casserole before baking.
Can I substitute rice for pasta?
If you prefer rice in your casserole over pasta (or just don’t have any pasta on hand), you can absolutely substitute it in this recipe. Simply swap out two cups of cooked white or brown rice in place of the pasta.
Can I use a different kind of pasta?
Yes, you can use any tube or twist shaped pasta in this recipe. Small shell pasta will also work. Just follow the directions on the box to cook the pasta prior to mixing it into the casserole.
Serve this with: Whole Wheat French Bread
- 1/2 cup prepared caesar salad dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces sliced, mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, minced
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Combine diced chicken breast and caeser dressing in a large ziplock back. Refrigerate and let marinate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, Grease a large casserole dish and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook in butter, until well browned. About 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place inside a large greased casserole dish.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, mushrooms, and onions inside pan.
- Cook over medium heat until soft and carmelized, about 8 minutes.
- Add your flour into the onions and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk the broth and cream into the mushroom mixture, bring to boil, constantly stirring. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Mix in the bacon, swiss cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the onion mixture and cook until cheese is melted.
- Pour over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes and parsley over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Cook angel hair pasta according to pacakge directions.
- Remove casserole from oven and mix in cooked pasta.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 833Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 204mgSodium 1433mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 43g
Nutrition information is an estimate.