Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
This crockpot Hawaiian chicken is one of those recipes that is insanely easy to make and tastes delicious. I almost always have the ingredients in my pantry. I love that I can whip up this recipe for crockpot Hawaiian chicken on almost any day and it only takes about 10 minutes of dedicated time in the kitchen.
Crockpot Hawaiian chicken is a great chicken recipe because it does not dry out in the slow cooker. The mixture of pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, and barbecue sauce create a delicious sweet sauce that not only add a ton of flavor, but add a ton of moisture, too.
Do you want to know my absolute favorite thing about crockpot Hawaiian chicken? I don’t have to cook at night. Sure, I love my Instant Pot because it cooks dinner so quickly (Update: check out this recipe for Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken). But slow cooker meals really are the best because I don’t have to cook during the witching hour. All I need to do is get my kids to the table and serve. Easy Peasy.
If you’re looking for more slow cooker inspiration, check out this recipe for crockpot chicken tortilla soup and this recipe for crockpot buffalo chicken. You may also like this list of 50Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Recipes.
Hawaiian Chicken in the slow cooker is a family friendly and healthy weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 18 ounce bottle of sweet barbecue sauce
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the chopped onion.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, crushed pineapple (with juice), and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and onions.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Serve crockpot hawaiian chicken over brown rice
Amount Per Serving Calories 590
Did you try this recipe for Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken? Please consider leaving a comment and rating.