Air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings come out perfectly crispy without all of that extra oil! You are going to love the easy homemade lemon pepper seasoning, too!
Today, I am sharing an amazing way to make chicken wings. Air fryer chicken wings come out crispy on the outside and moist on the inside with just the right flavor from the easy homemade lemon pepper seasoning. You are going to be blow away!
How to make air fryer chicken wings?
- Start by prepping your air fryer. Preheat it to 380 degrees and spray the tray or basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the easy lemon pepper seasoning.
- Rub the seasoning all over your chicken wings, along with a healthy dose of olive oil (this helps with that crispy skin we all love).
- Put your chicken wings in the air fryer and cook them for 25-30 minutes, until they are crispy on the outside and cooked to 165 degrees at the center. Make sure you turn them over once while they are cooking!
- Serve your air fryer wings as is, paired with blue cheese dipping sauce, or brushed with your favorite sauce. Yum! Yum!
How many wings can you cook in an air fryer?
That all depends on the size of your air fryer. Some smaller air fryers may only fit 4-6 wings at a time while larger models can hold up to 12 chicken wings.
Can you stack chicken wings in an air fryer?
You can, but I don’t recommend it. To achieve that crispy skin you want in your air fryer chicken wings, you really need to space out your wings so the air can move around them and crisp up the skin.
Can you air fry frozen chicken wings?
Yes, you can air fry frozen chicken wings! Just add 10 minutes cook time to the recipe.
Do you have to flip food in an air fryer?
Some foods need to be flipped in the air fryer and others are good with just a shake. These air fryer chicken wings need to be flipped over once so they cook evenly and get crispy all around. I have found that my air fryer tends to crisp the bottom more than the top and this keeps it even.
What to serve with air fryer chicken wings?
We love serving chicken wings with a choice of other appetizers. Try chicken salad, Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, instant pot barbecue meatballs, instant pot artichoke dip, mozzarella sticks, or a veggie tray.
More air fryer recipes:
- Maple Bacon Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen Pot Stickers
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- Fast & Easy Air Fryer Sausage
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds chicken wing sections
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Make the seasoning by mixing the lemon zest, black pepper, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and rub with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket leaving space between for air circulation.
- Cook the chicken wings for 25-30 minutes until crispy, turning once.
If using frozen wings, add 10 minutes to the overall cook time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 wings
Amount Per Serving Calories 434Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 93mgSodium 711mgCarbohydrates 12gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 19g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer chicken wings? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.