This recipe for instant pot buffalo chicken contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Make this delicious buffalo chicken using just a few ingredients and frozen chicken breasts. The best part? It’s ready in under an hour thanks to the handy dandy Instant Pot pressure cooker!
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken is easier than buffalo wings with all the flavor!
I love making instant pot buffalo chicken because it gives me that spicy buffalo flavor I’m craving, but it takes way less effort than making buffalo wings. I have made buffalo chicken in my slow cooker for years and finally adapted the recipe for my pressure cooker. I don’t think I’ll be going back to my slow cooker ways anytime soon.
Types of Hot Sauce
This recipe calls for a mild hot sauce. If you like a spicier dish, feel free to use a spicier hot sauce. Another great alternative is this buffalo wing sauce. I’ve made this instant pot chicken recipe with both hot sauce and wing sauce and love them both. Either way, you will still want to include the other sauce ingredients.
Using Thawed Chicken
If using thawed chicken, simply cut down the pressurized cook time down to 15 minutes from 25 minutes.
You may also like: Instant Pot Crack Chicken or Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2` pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups mild hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts in the bowl of the instant pot.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the hot sauce, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Pour buffalo sauce over the frozen chicken.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Remove chicken from instant pot and shred.
- Set the instant pot to saute. Whisk in the cornstarch.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes, until thickened.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245