As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryer baked potatoes come out with crispy skin while being fork tender on the inside! If you love baked potatoes, you are going to love this version made in the air fryer!
Baked potatoes make the perfect side for so many different dishes. I love them with steak (of course), air fryer meatloaf, grilled chicken, and even fish! With the air fryer, you can avoid heating up your house with the oven while still making the signature baked potato side dish you love!
Should baked potatoes be wrapped in foil?
No, we don’t wrap our potatoes in foil. Air-frying potatoes without foil makes for extra crispy skin. However, this is a personal preference. You can use foil on your potatoes in your air fryer if you prefer.
What kind of potatoes should I use?
We always use russet potatoes for baked potatoes. The cook time in this recipe is specific for medium-sized potatoes. For extra large russet potatoes, you will want to add a few more minutes of air frying time and check them periodically.
More potato recipes:
- Air Fryer Tater Tot Casserole
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Blooming Potatoes (aka hasselback potatoes)
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes
How to air fry baked potatoes?
(full printable recipe can be found at the bottom of this page)
- Prick clean potatoes all over with the tines of a fork.
Coat potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place in air fryer for 30 minutes at 400ºF.
Flip and continue to air fry for an additional 10 minutes.
Slice open and top with cheese, green onion, bacon bits, butter, salt, and pepper!
Can I stack baked potatoes in an air fryer?
It’s best not to crowd or stack your potatoes in the air fryer. Most larger air fryers should fit four potatoes at once. If you have a smaller air fryer, you will need to cook them in batches.
If you are looking to make a lot of baked potatoes, you may prefer to make them in your instant pot or oven.
What to serve with air fryer baked potatoes?
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Spicy Meatloaf
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Buttered Carrots
- Kid Friendly Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
Pin this for later
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and bacon bits
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes well and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prick the potatoes all over with the tine of a fork.
- Rub olive oil over each potato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 30 minutes.
- Carefully flip them over and cook for an additional 10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Slice open the top of each potato and add a teaspoon of butter. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve, topped with cheese, green onions, and bacon bits.