As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot banana bread in Jars are incredibly easy to make and cook much faster than regular instant pot banana bread. We love how cute this instant pot mason jar recipe comes out! Pressure cooker banana bread in a jar makes a perfect gift or easy breakfast on the go.
We love making instant pot banana bread in jars because it cuts the cooking time down from 65 minutes to 15 minutes. It also gives the banana bread a perfectly golden crust that you don’t get with regular instant pot banana bread. I think it must have something to do with cooking in glass, but I’m not a food scientist, so who knows!
All I do know is, you need to add this recipe for pressure cooker banana bread in jars to your list! Did I mention how adorable these little banana breads are? They are so cute, both in the jar and out of the jar as mini banana bread loaves.
How to make banana bread in jars?
The concept for making banana bread in mason jars is similar to baking a traditional loaf of banana bread. You prepare the batter in the same way. Instead of pouring it into a loaf pan and baking for over an hour, you divide the batter up evenly between four jars. Then you cook it in your electric pressure cooker for just 15 minutes.
The result is perfectly moist banana bread with a nice crumb and golden brown crust. If you love a thick crust on your banana bread, I also recommend air fryer banana bread.
What jars to use for Instant Pot Banana Bread in Jars?
You will need pint-sized wide-mouth mason jars for this recipe. Regular mouth mason jars can be used but you won’t be able to slide the bread out of the jars.
Can you freeze banana bread in jars?
Yes, you can freeze banana bread made in jars. But you will want to remove the bread from the jars, wrap in foil, and freeze. The mason jars may crack in the freezer ruining your banana bread.
Can you use mason jars in instant pot?
You sure can! We use pint-sized mason jars in this recipe for instant pot banana bread in jars.
What to serve with instant pot banana bread in a jar?
We love serving banana bread slathered in butter and jam. Make sure you check out our recipes for instant pot peach jam and instant pot apricot jam. Banana bread in jars also tastes great when paired with homemade instant pot yogurt and honey lime fruit salad.
Instant Pot Banana Bread in Jars
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana about three bananas
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place 1 cup water and trivet inside instant pot.
- Grease the inside of four pin-sized mason jars with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients, just until combined. The batter should still be lump with a few dry spots.
- Fold in the mashed banana and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the four jars.
- Wrap the top of each jar with foil.
- Gently place the covered mason jars inside the instant pot.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 15 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Gently remove the jars and remove the foil.Â
- Let the banana bread cool on a cooling rack until the jars are cool to the touch.
- Eat the banana bread directly out of the jars or turn them over and gently wiggle to remove the bread.
- Store in the refrigerator up to three days.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot banana bread in jars? Let us know what you thought with a rating and/or comment! You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.