Put your instant pot to good use with these easy instant pot baked potatoes! They cook in 1/2 the time and come out fork tender and ready to eat!
I love a good baked potato. They pair well with so many things: meatloaf, chicken, fish. I could really eat them with anything! The beauty of making baked potatoes in your instant pot is it is faster and you don’t have to heat up your oven.
Can I make Instant pot baked potatoes ahead of time?
You can also cook baked potatoes in your instant pot a day or two ahead of time and store them in your fridge until you need them. The cook time for making baked potatoes in the instant pot is just 20 minutes on high pressure for medium sized potatoes and 30 minutes on high pressure for large potatoes.
That is significantly faster than baking them in the oven (large potatoes can take 80-90 minutes) even when you count the time it takes for the pot to come to pressure. This recipe doesn’t take a ton of water, so it won’t take more than 10 minutes for your pot to pressurize and the recipe calls for a quick release at the end.
How to make baked potatoes in the instant pot?
- Start by washing your potatoes well. I like to use my vegetable scrubber for this – it works so well! (I can’t find the one I own but am linking one on Amazon that got good reviews and is inexpensive!)
- Pierce them all over with a fork (about 4 times on each side).
- Add water, salt, and a trivet to your instant pot. Put the potatoes on top.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and enjoy.
Can I double this recipe for instant pot potatoes?
Yes this recipe can be doubled. Simply stack the potatoes on top of each other and keep the cook time the same.
Can I make instant pot baked potatoes without a trivet?
Yes. You can create a makeshift trivet with several balls of foil on the bottom of your instant pot. Because potatoes are heavy, you are going to want to add enough balls of foil to almost cover the bottom of the pot.
Alternately, you can create your own trivet with mason jar lids (just the rims) laid out on the bottom of your instant pot.
Can you put foil in instant pot?
Yes. We use foil all the time in our instant pot. It is perfectly safe and can even be reused!
What goes with baked potatoes?
My favorite thing to serve with baked potatoes is meatloaf. You can make meatloaf muffins, instant pot meatloaf, or our favorite: sweet and spicy meatloaf! You also can’t go wrong when serving carrots alongside meatloaf and baked potatoes. We recommend Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, honey roasted potatoes or instant pot carrots with brown sugar glaze.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium (4 inch) russet potatoes
- Place water, salt, and trivet inside instant pot.
- Wash potatoes and pierce all over with a fork.
- Add potatoes to instant pot.
- Close the lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 20 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- Remove lid and serve.
- Recipe may be doubled with the same cook time. Potatoes can be stacked on top of each other.
- Increase cook time to 30 minutes for large potaotes (6-inches).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Full Circle Tater Mate Bamboo Potato Brush with Eye Remover, Green
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 potato
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 284mgCarbohydrates 37gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot baked potatoes? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.