As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This zesty roasted red potatoes recipe is super simple to make in the oven and taste great, thanks to a nice blend of spices. They are delicious plain or dipped in ketchup.
What potatoes to use for roasted potatoes?
I prefer small red potatoes for their flavor and because I’m lazy and don’t want to have to peel potatoes. (I also use the small ones in this air fryer red potatoes recipe.)
Do you ever feel that way? Unless I’m making something where there is a sweet treat at the end (like this Peach Cobbler), I do not want to peel. It’s so tedious. Anyway, the beauty of this recipe is you don’t have to do any peeling. Just some quick slicing. I love that this recipe is so quick to whip up!
How to make the roasted red potatoes recipe
- Start by slicing small red potatoes 1/2 inch thick.
2. Toss the red potatoes in a bowl with olive oil and spices.
3. Arrange the red potatoes on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast them in the oven at 425 for 20-25 minutes until golden.
What to serve with this recipe for roasted red potatoes?
I love serving roasted red potatoes with chicken or fish along with a vegetable side dish. Try this recipe for Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs or Foil Packet Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa. For an easy vegetable side dish, try Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots.
Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed cooking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and spices.
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer on the cooking sheet.
- Roast until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
You May Also Like:
Did you try this roasted red potatoes recipe? Let us know what you thought with a rating or comment! You can also tag us on in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.