As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make these fun and adorable St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs! They are a unique way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, while enjoying this fun new way to drink hot chocolate!
We will show you, step-by-step how to make your own hot chocolate bombs at home. Including any special equipment you may need and tips and tricks for making these tasty treats.
MORE ST. PATRICK’S THEMED HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
This post is part of a blog collaboration between myself and a couple of other awesome bloggers. We are all sharing new St. Patrick’s Day themed hot chocolate bomb recipes today! Click the links below to check out the other yummy recipes!
White Hot Cocoa Bombs with a Rainbow Surprise from Little Dove Blog
Rainbow Hot Cocoa Bombs from Sunshine and Munchkins
For more St. Patrick’s Day treats, try one of these fun recipes:
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal Bars
- Crockpot Corned Beef and Potatoes
- Rainbow Pancakes
- Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
WHAT IS A HOT COCOA BOMB?
If you haven’t heard of these fun desserts, you are in for a real treat! It’s a chocolate ball filled with hot cocoa mix that melts when you pour hot milk on top.
Hot Cocoa Bombs have become a huge trend since the end of last year and I’m totally here for it! They are so much fun to consume and there are so many different ways to customize them!
If you are nervous about making your own hot chocolate bombs at home, don’t worry! I am going to show you step-by-step how to make them.
They seem intimidating (and do take a little bit of practice) but are easy enough once you get the process down.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS HOT COCOA BOMBS RECIPE?
The most important thing you will need is a mold for making the hot cocoa bombs. We got ours on Amazon and they were very affordable!
You can even find heart shaped molds on Amazon, which are SO fun! Here is the full list of items needed for making birthday cake hot cocoa bombs:
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Colorful Mini Marshmallows
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Sugar Pearls
- Piping Bag
- Silicone Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO HOT COCOA BOMBS?
You can totally switch things up and add small chunks of chocolate candies, colorful sugars, and even different flavors of hot cocoa!
If you do experiment with adding other things to your hot cocoa bombs, please tag me in your social media post or comment below. I want to hear all about it!
St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe
- 1 12-ounce bag Wilton white candy melts
- 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix
- 30 mini rainbow marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shamrock sprinkles
- 1 cup white icing
- 1/4 cup sugar pearls
- Pour candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 seconds increments, stirring each time, until candy has melted and is shiny.
- Spread the candy melts up the sides of the mold until every bit of the mold is covered.
- Let the molds sit 5 minutes and re-spread any candy melts that sank to the bottom of the molds.
- Refrigerate molds for 30-45 minutes.
- Once set, carefully remove candy melt spheres from mold.
- Fill half the spheres with the hot cocoa powder, marshmallows and shamrock sprinkles.
- Place a glass plate in the microwave for one minute.
- Remove the plate and immediately place each empty sphere on the hot place to heat the chocolate edges.
- Place each heated sphere on each filled sphere. You can use the tip of your finger to smooth the melted candy around the seam.
- Take the icing and draw lines back and forth on the top of your sphere.
- Place the sugar pearls and shamrock sprinkles on the hot chocolate bomb using the icing as glue.
Did you try this recipe for St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs? Let me know what you thought with a rating and comment!