This warm and hearty slow cooker chicken pot pie soup tastes just like chicken pot pie in soup form. It’s creamy, filling, and packed with flavor.
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is one of those super easy slow cooker meals (just like this cajun sausage and potatoes recipe). You start with a chicken breast, chicken broth, fresh onion and garlic and a few spices. Let it simmer on low all day. When it gets close to dinner time, throw together a super easy cream sauce and mix it in with a bag of frozen veggies and let it cook for another hour.
This is the perfect time to whip a batch of quick and easy biscuits to go with the crockpot chicken pot pie soup. The biscuit topping is not a requirement, but it makes this slow cooker soup extra special and even more like pot pie.
By the way, the slow cooker I use for this and every recipe is this 6 quart slow cooker by Hamilton Beach. I’ve owned a few slow cookers and this one is my favorite.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1½ cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- Combine the chicken breast, chicken broth, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, dried parsley, dried sage, and bay leaf in your slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Return chicken to crock pot.
- Add in the frozen mixed vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and flour until fully combined.
- Mix the cream mixture into the soup until fully combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 more hour.
What is your favorite Slow Cooker Soup Recipe?
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Roast Chicken
Note: This post contains affiliate links read my disclosure policy here.