As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make this creamy instant pot chicken pot pie soup tonight! This easy instant pot chicken soup recipe is ready in under 30 minutes, thanks to our handy pressure cooker! Make sure you check out our full list of instant pot soup recipes, too!
I love chicken pot pie. I have been making chicken pot pie soup in my slow cooker for years and knew I wanted to eventually convert it to an instant pot recipe. I finally did it in the Spring of this year when I was working on my instant pot cookbook. I just held out on sharing it until the weather cooled down. This creamy chicken soup is finally here today. And you need to add it to your list and make it immediately. Make sure you also check out our recipes for mini chicken pot pies and instant pot chicken pot pie recipe.
We have shared several other instant pot soup recipes over the years, including pressure cooker vegetable beef soup, instant pot chicken and dumplings, instant pot beef chili, instant pot white chicken chili, instant pot chicken noodle soup, instant pot chicken vegetable beef soup, and instant pot broccoli cheese soup.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Biscuits
Chicken pot pie soup is basically the soup version of chicken pot pie filling. It’s a creamy and soup filled with chicken and vegetables cooked to perfection. In order to get the full experience, you really want to eat it with a biscuit on top.
You can eat it in two ways:
- Leave the biscuit on top and scoop through it with your spoon and into the soup.
- Dip the biscuit in the soup and eat the biscuit covered in soup.
Either way, you are going to love this creamy and filling instant pot chicken soup recipe. I recommend using our recipe for fast & easy biscuits but if you prefer, you can also use the canned variety. If you want a cheesy biscuit to top your soup, try our copycat recipe for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
How to make chicken pot pie soup from scratch
This recipe for instant pot chicken pot pie is actually pretty simple.
- Start by sauteing onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Once soft, pour in some chicken broth (try our recipe for instant pot chicken broth0 to deglaze the bottom of your pot.
- Mix in cooked chicken, a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, and some spices.
- Close the lid of your instant pot and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Pressure cook for 2 minutes (yes, you read that right).
- Quick-release pressure when the timer beeps.
- Whisk in some heavy cream and flour.
How to thicken chicken pot pie soup
The best way to thicken chicken pot pie soup is to whisk all-purpose flour into heavy cream before mixing it into the soup. It perfectly thickens your soup without leaving any chunks.
What to serve with instant pot chicken pot pie soup
We love chicken pot pie soup served with biscuits on top. You could also serve it with crusty whole wheat french bread.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Set instant pot to saute. Put oil and onion into instant pot. Cook onion 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add in garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Mix in chicken, mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, parsley, sage, and bay leaf.
- Close lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and adjust time to 2 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream and flour.
- Whisk cream mixture into soup.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve, topped with biscuits.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot chicken pot pie soup? Let us know what you thought with a rating (above) or a comment (below). You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.