This warm and hearty creamy chicken pot pie soup simmers all day in your slow cooker. Top it with an easy homemade biscuit and have the perfect meal!
I love a good soup in the fall and winter months. It warms me up better than any other meal – making it my go-to on those extra cold nights. This creamy chicken pot pie soup is the perfect meal because it has chicken, veggies, and biscuits – all in one bowl.
Making homemade soup for my family is one of my favorites because it is surprisingly easy to make yet comes out tasting so much better than canned soup. It’s made from scratch and made with love.
How to make creamy chicken pot pie soup
Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup is one of those super easy slow cooker meals (just like this cajun sausage and potatoes recipe). You might also like our recipe for instant pot chicken and dumplings, Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie, and Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
Start with chicken breast, chicken broth, fresh onion and garlic and a few spices. Let it simmer on low all day. When it gets close to dinner time, throw together a super easy cream sauce and mix it in with a bag of frozen veggies and let it cook for another hour.
About the biscuit topping
This is the perfect time to whip a batch of quick and easy biscuits to go with the crockpot chicken pot pie soup. The biscuit topping is not a requirement, but it makes this slow cooker chicken pot pie soup extra special and even more like pot pie.
If you want to top your creamy chicken pot pie soup with biscuits but don’t want to fuss with making your own, then cutting down on time with something like Grands Frozen Biscuits is perfectly acceptable.
Making homemade biscuits really is easy though. They take just a few minutes to mix together with a fork. You can have a batch ready to pop in the oven in just 10 minutes.
Whether you go fresh or frozen with the biscuits, I highly recommend enjoying this creamy chicken pot pie soup with biscuits. Otherwise, it’s just creamy chicken soup.
By the way, the slow cooker I use for this and every slow cooker recipe is this 6 quart slow cooker by Hamilton Beach. I’ve owned a few slow cookers and this one is my favorite. (affiliate link)
Other delicious soup recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Combine the chicken breast, chicken broth, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, dried parsley, dried sage, and bay leaf in your slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Return chicken to crock pot.
- Add in the frozen mixed vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and flour until fully combined.
- Mix the cream mixture into the soup until fully combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 more hour.
- Top with Biscuits and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 485