Instant Pot Apple BBQ Ribs are the reason why I bought an instant pot electric pressure cooker in the first place. I wanted to cook large cuts of meat in a short period of time. I was not disappointed by this recipe. These pressure cooker ribs come out perfectly tender and replacing the water with apple juice gives them an extra special flavor.
I had not made ribs before owning an instant pot and I was impressed by how easy it was to make. You start with a rack or spare ribs, cut in half. Season them with salt and pepper.
Pour a cup of apple juice into the instant pot and place the ribs on top of a trivet inside of the pot.
Cook it on high for 35 minutes and they come out perfectly cooked.
Next, just brush on some BBQ sauce and broil it for 2-3 minutes.
There you have it. Perfectly cooked ribs, smothered in sweet and sticky barbecue sauce.
Make This With: Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread & Zesty Potatoes
- 1 rack pork spare ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup sweet barbecue sauce
- Cut the rack of ribs in half and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pour apple juice in the bowl of the pressure cooker and put the trivet inside.
- Place the ribs on top of the trivet.
- Set your electric pressure cooker to manual - high - 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Set your oven to broil.
- Brush the barbecue sauce on the ribs and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Broil the ribs for 2-3 minutes and serve.